Thursday 23 December 2010

My first foray into the Christmas rush

Hi there people! I plucked up the courage to venture into the Christmas crowds to get my last few bits for the big day. So far so good! I went shopping in Brixton first of all which was fun with my camera! It was bitterly cold though! As you couldn't phsically be with me, I brought Brixton to you. Tomorrow, Oxford Street! Not a trip for the faint hearted on Christmas Eve! See you then!



A selection of fish at the indoor market.


Mackerel, my favourite fish! I bought some today.


Squid, anyone?


LOL! There are lots of Caribbean restaurants in London. This one happens to be a kiosk. In the summer there would be people sitting on those three chairs outside.


They aren't joking!


Spices from around the world.


These are called Flying Saucers, my absolute favourites. I bought a load of them today!


I loved Wham's!


Sherbet Dip Dabs - yum! The objects to the right had sweet blocks inside and also doubled up as whistles.


I loved all of these sweets, Black Jacks were my least favourite though.


The Fruit Salad's are delish!


There is a shop in Brixton Arcade called Sweet Tooth, which sells sweets that I used to have as a child. These ones were amongst my favourite. The price is exactly the same!


These guys asked to have their pictures taken! They were cool dudes!


Meat sellers only too happy to pose for the camera! They were fun!


More wonderful fruit.


There are loads of stalls selling fruits and vegetables from all over the world. They always have vast supplies of produce.


The outdoor market is a essentially a long line of stalls selling anything from handbags to meat.


The kiosk in Brixton where I go to satisfy my sugar cravings!


The Ritzy - a famous cinema in South London.


KFC - A favourite place for many!


Brixton Town Centre

No comments: