Thursday 6 January 2011

Ok, I'm listening now!

Hi there! How are you all doing so far this New Year?

I started back at work yesterday - man was it hard to get up so early after a week and a half of getting up at noon! It is grey, cold and raining right now but I'm determined to hang onto my new attitude of not letting these little things bug me!

I'm not a huge fan of New Year's resolutions, but something happened today which caused me to make one exception; I'm going to start listening to the voice within more.

I had an appointment today at 9.10am a short distance from my house. I prepared the paperwork for it and headed out the door in good time. As I was locking the front door, I felt impressed that I should go back inside and get my laptop so that I could go straight from my appointment to the library. I thought about doing so but then decided not to as my laptop is quite heavy. I decided to go for my appointment, return home and then pick up my laptop. With that settled, I headed off.

It was only when I got to my appointment I realised that an important document was missing. I had finished it this morning and I needed it for my appointment. Even though I live nearby, it was too late to go back home and retrieve it. All of a sudden it dawned on me; had I gone back inside to get my laptop, I would have seen this document as it was in the vicinity of my laptop and realised that I had mistakenly left it behind. Fortunately when I explained what had happened, the person I was meeting was gracious about it and everything went well despite the missing documentation.

This has happened to me a lot over the years - I get a sense to do or not do something and I do the opposite thing with negative results. Well, I'm putting it on record - the voice within will get much more of my attention from now on!

No comments: