Saturday 31 May 2008

Can't wait!!


Monday is payday for me, and whilst the bulk of it will be shelled out on my way overdue rent payments, I'm wondering what little treat I should get for myself. I live with my sister, Chi, who is is a total angel. She hasn't hassled me for the rent or made me feel uncomfortable about having no money. She has bent over backwards and forwards to accommodate me, going way out of her way to help me out. She has given me lifts places, given me money even though she has been strapped for cash herself and whenever she makes a meal she makes sure there is enough for me too . She is a very special person!! I'm wondering what to get her as a thank you gift. She really has been a diamond!

Anyway, one of the things that I always do when I get some cash is buy a little treat for myself. Nothing fancy, just a cake or something.

My all time favourite desserts in no particular order are cheesecake, profiteroles, apple pie, apple crumble and apple tart. YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Check out some of these incredible cheesecakes that I found from a company called The English Cheesecake Company (http://www.cheesecake.co.uk/)

3 comments:

hilly said...

you have good taste in desserts ;-)

Gardenia said...

Hi - see your previous post to find out how I found you. Come on over and say hi....

herloftyperch.blogspot.com

Cheesecake looks wonderful! Sisters are great, aren't they? Thank God for family. Enjoy the cheesecake and thanks for the link!

Oh - I am 6'2" - grew up in an era where that was just outrageous - there are more of us magnificent women around now though!

steve said...

I saw this again when I visited yesterday and the photo drove me to action. Tonight we are having a celebration, so I got an excellent Key Lime pie (in the US there is an excellent frozen brand called Edwards) and fresh blueberries and blackberries - enough to completely cover the top. It will be excellent tonight!

So keep up the tasteful (literally) use of photos!